Many customers are confused about what is the basis for […]
Many customers are confused about what is the basis for the quotation of plastic molds, why is the price difference of molds so large? The seven elements of plastic mold quotation.
Mold price = material cost + design fee + processing fee and profit + value-added tax + mold trial fee. For the price of the mold, the price is mainly calculated from the following seven aspects. The prices of other aspects are easy to find
1. Determination of core and cavity size and price calculation
1. Material fee = steel material (core, cavity material) fee + copper fee
2. Calculation method of steel/copper weight: M (weight kg) = p (density g/cm3) * V (volume mm3)
3. The iron (including all steel materials) is 7.8g/cm3, and the quotation is generally 8g/cm3. The quoted density of copper is generally 9g/cm3. /4. Calculation of steel/copper fee: weight (kg) * unit price
2. Determination of the size of the mold base and calculation of the price
The specification of the mold base is determined by the size of the core and cavity. The larger the core, the larger the mold base. Mold base price = the weight of the mold base dimensions * unit price
3. Area calculation and price estimation of slow-moving wire
Price calculation for slow walking four-wire cutting: area * unit price per square millimeter
4. Estimated area and price of fast-moving silk
Brisk wire price = unit price * area (area of wire cutting)
5. Calculation of the processing price of deep hole drilling
If the processing depth is less than 100cm, it is calculated as 100mm. The price for drilling oblique holes is 100 yuan for each calibration, 20 yuan for non-through holes, 30% for special materials with material hardness higher than 30HRC, and 50% for stainless steel materials.
6. The calculation of CNC processing, lathe, milling machine processing costs
According to the processing cost of various mold parts, there will be different
7. Estimation of trial cost
Trial cost = number of trials * single trial cost
In the mold price, in addition to the mold cost price that everyone can calculate, after the mold is completed, a trial mold is required. This part needs to be determined according to the difficulty of the mold, the requirements of the plastic part (appearance requirements, plastic part accuracy), etc. After the number of molds, multiply it by the cost of each trial mold and add it to the mold quotation.