Plastic mold processing refers to the processing of pla […]
Plastic mold processing refers to the processing of plastic molding and plastic blanking tools. It consists of an upper mold and a lower mold. Its basic characteristics are as follows:
(1) High processing accuracy requirements: A pair of molds is generally composed of a female mold, a convex mold and a mold base, and some may also be a multi-piece split module. Therefore, the combination of upper and lower molds, the combination of inserts and cavities, and the assembly between modules require high machining accuracy. The dimensional accuracy of precision molds often reaches the μm level.
(2) Complex shape: Some products, such as automobile covering parts, aircraft parts, toys, and household appliances, have a combination of multiple curved surfaces. Therefore, the mold cavity surface is very complicated. Some curved surfaces must be processed by mathematical calculation methods.
(3) Small batch: The production of molds is not mass production, and in many cases only one pair is produced.
(4) Many processes: Milling, boring, drilling, reaming and tapping are always used in mold processing.
(5) Repeatable production: The use of molds has a long life. When the use of a pair of molds exceeds its life, it must be replaced with a new mold, so mold production is often repetitive.
(6) Profiling processing: Sometimes there is neither pattern nor data in mold production, and profiling processing must be carried out according to the actual object. This requires high imitation accuracy and no deformation.
(7) Excellent mold material and high hardness: The main material of the mold is mostly made of high-quality alloy steel, especially the long-life mold, which is often made of ledeburite steel such as Crl2, CrWMn. This kind of steel has strict requirements from rough forging, processing to heat treatment. Therefore, the preparation of processing technology cannot be ignored, and heat treatment deformation is also a problem that needs to be taken seriously in processing.